A year ago next month I had my complete abdominal hysterectomy. Not only have I enjoyed all the fun aspects of having surgical menopause, healing from major surgery and the wonders of healing a herniated scar BUT I have also had one added joy…
The joy of not having one single pair of underwear that fit – at all!
We are not talking, well you are healing – or – your body is changing and you will have to buy another size – not fitting. I am talking about not finding NEW OR OLD panties that fit comfortably. It has gotten so serious I was considering going commando – and in the words of my mother; “A lady does not do that…”. PLUS it would drive me insane because I would always worry my dress or skirt would blow up and I will be there – with all my goods in plain sight for the entire viewing public to mock.
The major issues facing me:
- Massive horizontal scar on tummy from surgery that is totally hideous and painful and right in the “elastic zone”
- Panties that gradually slip down my hips throughout the day that I fear will end up at my ankles (see fear realised below in photo).
- Panties that go directly up my bum and make me think about them all day long and how it is not “lady like” to go “on a dig” in the middle of the office.
- GRANNY PANTIES! I just can not do it. I know they would solve all the problems but I already feel ugly, fat and undesirable.
So, once I was healed and able to head out on my own I was shopping for panties – A LOT. I swear, I have purchased no less than 15 different styles of underwear trying to find something that would work. It had gotten so bad I was actually considering getting thongs. Just the thought scars me – it is the whole wind blowing my skirt/dress nightmare all over again! I would just be throwing some lace over some parts….
My obstacles to overcome:
- I had to think outside the box – the Victoria’s Secret box that is. They do not have anything that coves the ample back region I now own
- I am 40 – I need to shop were more grown ups shop. The VS models are 14 and have bigger boobs than me because of all the hormones in meat and milk these days.
- Try something new – go for a pair that may have a higher price tag… they just may work…. Right?
Wrong! I FINALLY found panties that work! I could shout it from the roof tops: My Undies Are Not Going Up My Bum OR Falling To My Ankles!
What are these fabulous, magical undergarments from the gods you ask??? Well, I will share this secret with you:
GapBody Low Rise Stretch Cotton Hipster – 5 for $25
These days, its the same victories.